Mastered the kettlebell basics? Ready for some variety in your program? Time for the kettlebell complex.
Definition of the kettlebell complex – from DragonDoor.com:
If you’ve never heard of complexes before, the basic concept is that instead of repeating the same exercise for multiple reps to complete a set, you sequence several different exercises right after one another and repeat the sequence several times to complete a set.
And some benefits of complex training – from steathbody.com:
- Lean body mass improvement will be enhanced with this type of training.
- You will stimulate your hormones to burn more fat and build lean muscle.
- Full body exercises (such as swings, squats, snatches) have been shown in numerous research studies to stimulate growth hormone (GH).
- The release of growth hormone will help to burn body fat and build lean muscle mass.
- Resistance training, higher reps, full body exercise, and minimal rest between exercises are all proven methods to stimulate GH, which are all accomplished with complex training.
In short, if you’re looking to gain lean muscle, burn fat, and get into phenomenal physical condition, kettlebell complexes are for you. I just shot and posted up a video showing you one of my favorite KBC’s – check it out, and then read the written workout recap below it:
- Do one top-down Turkish get up
- Immediately follow this with five snatches
- Finish your five snatches and go right to five clean, squat and overhead presses
- Complete the complex with ten one hand swings
- Repeat the complex for five to ten rounds total on each side
Also – this post was in part inspired by a six week workout program I just finished up for my personal routine … and though it was brutally hard, I loved it And I got some great results! If you’re looking for a complete program built around kettlebell complexes, I highly recommend it – check it out by clicking here
Thanks for reading and train hard –